1. It’s Practical
2. Easy to Learn
3. Good for Weight Loss & Stress Relief
4. Enhances Coordination
5. Teaches Adaptable Skills
1. It’s Practical
1. Kali is a practical self-defense system born from the ancient combative arts of the Philippines.
Kali is a combative system that finds its roots among the warring tribes of the Philippines. In its modern form it is a practical self-defense system that teaches practitioners versatile skill sets that allow them to defend themselves with any weapon (stick, knife, empty hand and flexible weapons).
2. Kali is efficient and easy to learn. Kali is taught in a drill based methodology, providing repetitive exposure and application of techniques and their principles.
Kali was designed to be easy to learn and retain. Every lesson is focused primarily on partner-based drills as a means to train practitioners on how to understand movement in relation to the dynamic actions and reactions of someone else. In addition, this type of training also minimizes the reactionary gap between action taken by an opponent and reaction to the opponents attacks.
3. Kali is movement-based training and therefore it is a great way to stay in shape. Because you are constantly moving during kali training you inadvertently burn lots of calories.
The anthem of our Kali training is, “Movement is Life.” Because Kali is primarily a weapons based system it is important for practitioners to learn how to range and move properly to avoid their opponents weapons and counter-attack. This requires repetitive training in concepts of strategic movement. The best way of ingraining these lessons into the body is to do them and as a bi-product of consistent movement Kali practitioners enjoy increase in their overall health and weight management.
4. Kali consistently works both sides of your brain and body, which enhances coordination agility.
Kali drills are often designed to build a practitioners ability to use both sides of their body simultaneously much like a drummer. Kali is a real world martial arts that improves hand eye coordination as bi-manual coordination. This training not only improves your brain but it also enhances spatial awareness.
5. Kali teaches you adaptable skills that will give you the flexibility and freedom to use multiple means of defending yourself.
Kali is one of the only systems that starts practitioners learning with a weapon and digresses to empty hand combat. This type of training truly hones the combat spirit and combative understanding of strategy, timing and distancing. Created as an art to teach members of the tribe how to protect the tribe in a limited amount of time, Kali stresses adaptability and versatility in weapons use and mindset.
KALI IS A SERIOUS ART FOR SELF-DEFENSE. IT REQUIRES NO SKILL TO LEARN AND IT WAS CREATED TO TEACH YOU HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF IN A MINIMUM AMOUNT OF TIME. IT IS FOR AGES 18+ (SOME EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY)
About Our Instructor
Our primary Kali system at Elevo Dynamics is FCS Kali under Tuhon Ray Dionaldo. Our primary instructor is Hakim Isler who has been doing Kali since 2011 with Guro Harold Evans, Guro Lyndon Johnson and Tuhon Ray Dionaldo.